Pest Control and Removal for Ants
Ants are pests that don’t seem like a threat at first but can become a severe problem once an entire colony has taken over your home or yard. These tiny soldiers will diligently hunt for food sources, so if you think leaving a spill unattended or dinner out on the counter won’t make a difference, think again. Ants use a special sense to detect chemicals and sugar in the area and can even use smell to lead them to a possible food source. They then leave a trail of pheromones that helps lead other ants right to that food source, creating an inconvenient parade through your home, garden, yard, or business building.
Some of the ant species that can brave the Hurricane heat, like the carpenter ant and fire ant, can even pose a risk to your health or property if they are allowed to build their nests within your walls or electrical equipment. There are species, like Pharaoh ants, that won’t think twice about chewing through any substance as long as it’s sweet, including rubber, silk, and other man-made materials. If you’re one of the folks who has a beautiful historic home in Hurricane that you’re trying to keep preserved or a brand-new home that needs to remain pest free, don’t let an ant infestation be the thing that disturbs the peace.
What Are the Signs of an Ant Infestation?
Calling a professional pest control service at the first sign of an infestation is the best method of defense, but how do you know when to call them? Here are a few things that you can look out for to know if you need to call a professional to save the day.
- Small craters or mounds sticking up from the soil or cracks in the sidewalk, signaling the opening to their nests.
- Seeing even one ant more than once in the same location. Their colony will not be far behind, especially if they’ve found a promising source of food. They’ll linger in places with exposed nutrients or moisture.
- Sightings of other predator pests, like scorpions and spiders. These predators usually stick around when there is an abundant food source of smaller insects, and then you may have another infestation to worry about altogether.
- Suspicious wood shavings in the house or hollow-sounding walls. These can be an indicator that carpenter ants have started making themselves comfortable in your woodwork.
What Can I Do to Prevent Ants from Invading?
Here are a few habits to practice to give yourself the best chance of avoiding future ant infestations.
- Pay attention to leaks and unattended liquids in the house. Ants will be attracted to moisture, just like any living thing. They also love damp and dark places—leaky spots under a kitchen sink or at the shower base are perfectly hospitable for them.
- Seal all the exits. These critters are tiny enough to get through the smallest crack in the wall and will take the weak seal on your window or door as an open invitation. When you make sure these areas are well maintained, you’ll help yourself keep out insects and drafts.
- Keep your food, and your pet’s food, out of reach. Storing any dried goods in closed containers and everything else in the fridge is usually the simplest way to keep ants out of food.
Why Does Pest Off Provide the Best for Hurricane
Our number one priority is to give you the most efficient service for the best price because you have too many other things to worry about. We use our expertise and knowledge of Hurricane and its local pests to get the job done right the first time.
When someone from our family-owned company enters your home or business, we treat it like our own. That means that we only use the safest products to respect your family’s health and well-being, and we work the hardest we can to make sure every visit is our last. We apply our products not only inside the building, but on the exterior foundation, eaves, roofline, yard, hardscapes, and the property line, so the ants don’t have a chance to come back.
Contact us today to find out more about our rates and our 30-day one-time service guarantee if you have an ant problem that we can quickly solve for you!
No Need To Worry
We're here to help you with all of your pest needs. No matter what issue you're facing, we're available, 24/7!